Sunday, November 6, 2011

Water Play

Winter is fast approaching.  Even though I live in an area that doesn't experience true seasons, the number of warm sunny days will be starting to lessen.  I want to take advantage of those sunny, warm days before they are few and far between!  We had one of those such days recently and I had the idea to do some water play.  It's such a simple activity and I'm certainly not the first one to have thought of it.  But, we had such fun, I thought I'd share it with you!
Materials you need:  Large plastic bin, things from the kitchen - sponges, funnels, cups, watering cans, etc., and water.

Olive especially loved the sponges.  Here she is "picking up" water and letting it drip out of the sponges.

As always, she had to taste it.  I swear, it's as though she has no other senses sometimes and the only way to get to know something is by putting it in her mouth!  Let's just say she got her day's worth of liquid during this activity! :)

Pouring water into a cup.

Splash, splash, splash!  I like how the kitty watering can is looking at me like, "This is fun!   I like playing with the human child!"

My daughter (17 months) was definitely most interested in the sponges.  I think that for the next sunny day, I throw in some more sponges.  We also spent a little time "bathing" the kitty.  Olive thought it would be funny to bathe Mama, too.  :)  She entertained herself for at least 30 minutes, which I'm pretty sure is some kind of record.  I think next time I'll add some fabric pieces, tubes, and maybe some water balloons.  Looking forward to the next sunny day!

No comments:

Post a Comment