Thursday, September 15, 2011

Let's Get Started - Quiet Book!

Alright, so my first project, I've decided to make a Quiet Book for my daughter.  If you don't know what a quiet book is, well, neither did I.  Doing some research one day, I came across the idea.  A quiet book is meant to be just that - quiet.  It's usually made of felt and other soft material.  Children can use them when they are in the car, waiting in the doctor's office, at home, anywhere they feel!  Each page usually has a learning manipulative (buttoning, counting, numbering, velcro, snaps, etc.).  So, the plan is to have the book done by Christmas.  I think that if I focus and do one page a week, I can have it done.  I've already done two pages, which I'll take pictures and post soon.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment